Thursday, November 25, 2010

So many blessings to be thankful for....

I've been thinking all day about what all I am thankful for and how much life can change in the course of one year.

A year ago, on Thanksgiving, I was just over 16 weeks pregnant with Samuel, but of course, I didn't even know if I was having a boy or a girl. Was it a Samuel or an Eleanore? (That was our name for a little girl, by the way.)

And now I am the mother of two amazing little boys and wife to an amazing guy. What blessings!!

This year, we donated money to the Star of Hope in Houston. We got our receipt in the mail along with a pamphlet about the missions we are supporting. I cried like a baby when I read all the stories and saw different pictures. Like I was pregnant or something!!

This time of year brings out the sentimental part of me (Yes, I am very emotional, like you can't tell from my posts.) But this time REALLY does more than other times, I guess because of the types of kids that I teach and the stuff I see on a day to day basis. It makes me realize that I am simply blessed because of good choices and fate, I suppose.

Anyways, I'm rambling on and on, but really. I am just so dang thankful that I have all that I have, and I remember, daily, as I am rocking Samuel or snuggling with Jay or locking the doors of our wonderful home that life could always be very different and that we can't take our blessings for granted.

I hope everyone that reads this is also celebrating a happy Thanksgiving and feels as blessed and fulfilled as myself. Peace and love to you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment