Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Three months old!!

I've been away from work for four months now and Samuel is a little over three months old!! Jay will be three years old on the 15th of this month!! Man, how the time flies!!

Samuel is doing great, sleeping through the night since he was seven weeks and starting to teethe already!! Jay is as smart as ever. He can play the C scale on the Piano, knows that an Octagon has 8 sides and can say the Lord's Prayer in Spanish!! Such a smart guy!!

I'm going back to work at the end of next week. I'm ready. Stay at home moms are very brave individuals and I cannot stand people who tisk tisk at them because I can assure you that staying at home is a much harder job than anything I've ever done. I, personally, am a much better mother because I go to work. So, to all you stay at home mommies, BRAVO and KUDOS!! You deserve it!!

I'm feeling good about getting back to work because for the past three years, since I gave birth to Jay, all I worried about was making my family complete and wondering what had happened to make Jay so sick. Then once we knew what had happened, all I worried about was rather or not we would get pregnant again. Then once I got pregnant, all I did was worry about whether or not the baby would make it through the pregnancy. Now I feel like I don't have to worry anymore, I can finally just focus on enjoying my family and enjoying being a teacher again.

This school year will be tough, as far as leaving the boys, whom I've grown so attached to and enjoyed watching them grow and develop, and also, some of the students heading into my classroom are tough and will be hard to teach because of different issues, but it will be rewarding, as all teachers know. Teaching is so rewarding. Being a mom is so rewarding.

I have the best life ever. I really, really do.

And honestly, not having to worry every day of my life like I have in the past, that is just so nice. That sick feeling in the pit of my stomach is gone. Finally.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the stay at home mom recognition! It is hard and it's funny when people say otherwise. Although, working mothers have it hard too. I know what you mean when you say you can finally enjoy your family and stop worrying. It's peaceful. Good luck going back to work! Good to hear your boys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete