Friday, January 1, 2010

Let's Get This Party Started!!

So I got to ring in my New Year 2010 with my very first IVIG treatment!! WOOHOO!! I got served a whopping 80 grams today!! WOW!!! I get to do it again tomorrow!! So excited, let me tell you!!

Nah, truth be known, it wasn't that bad. If you don't mind chilling out with an IV in your hand (which is still in there, since I have to do it all again tomorrow.) It all went relativey smoothly. It helped that I had a nice dose of Bendadryl before they started me and that made me pretty foggy and out of it, so I slept for about two hours. They started me at 11 am and I woke up at around 1:30 and was amazed at where the time had gone. Gotta love Benadryl!!

The only major side effect at the beginning was low blood pressure (90/35) and that made me feel REALLY weird. My breathing was all shallow and I felt whoozy, but it came back up fairly quickly.

I also bashed my elbow on the handicap rail in the bathroom so hard, the bottom half of my arm and fingers went numb for about 10 minutes (I incidentally had bashed that same elbow the night before when I almost fell down the stairs.) Nice. Then I stubbed my toe on my IV pump not once, but TWICE when I braved going to the bathroom with no assistance. Aside from my clumsiness, it was all good. Although I'm really over being in the hospital. I'm laying here in the most uncomfortable bed man has created and wishing I was in my bed tonight, with my sweet husband snoring lightly beside me. :)

We also got to see the baby again today, still doing wonderful and looking good so far!! He is definitely still a boy!!

Guess I'll take my vitamins, wash my face, get on my jammies and curl up with Twilight for a little bit before I check out for the evening!! Night night!! Wish me luck and pray I don't get the dreaded headaches from this stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment