Tuesday, December 21, 2010

This Time A Year Ago.....

This time a year ago, I had gone to the doctor with Jeff to find out what the sex of our baby was and whether he was healthy thus far.

This time a year ago, I found out that I would be the mother of another beautiful boy.

This time a year ago, I saw a beautifully shaped little guy with very healthy insides. This time a year ago, I faced the unknown of twice weekly treatments, scary steroids and the fear that none of it would work.

This time a year ago, I ordered stockings for "Mommy" and "Daddy" to join our stocking we had for "Jay." This time a year ago, I longed for that fourth stocking that would read "Samuel."

And how quickly the year has passed.

So much has happened since this time a year ago.

My body has completely healed from the brutal Hell of treatments. I really am in the best shape of my life (a vow I made to myself after what all I put myself through.)

Jay is such an amazing child, talking in complex and crazy sentences, trying to read already!

Samuel is a beautiful, 8 month old little wonder, busy trying to crawl, laughing at everything and the absolute joy of my life.

And my mantle is complete with that fourth stocking, that reads "Samuel."

I don't know what next year will bring, but what I do know, is that I have all my boys home for Christmas. What a blessing a year can be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment